Christian Outreach to the Handicapped (COH) is a not-for-profit voluntary welfare organisation.
Our beneficiaries are:
1. Individuals aged between 16 and 55 years old.
2. Those who have an intellectual disability (IQ below 70) and may have other accompanying conditions such as down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), speech impairment, hearing impairment, physical disability, epileptic fits and others.
3. Accepted and loved regardless of their race, religion or financial background.
The Emmanuel Activity Centres are located at 2 locations : Tampines and Toa Payoh.
Our day activity programmes are provided on weekdays (Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm). We provide a caring environment and work to promote more fulfilling lives for persons with disabilities.
To enhance the quality of life of our beneficiaries, our range of activities include:
1. Training in Activities of Daily Living covering personal grooming, feeding, mobility, toileting.
2. Training in Community Living Skills such as social skills, community mobility (using public facilities), community activities (include sports & games, performing arts, art & craft), home living (household chores).
3. Community Integration Projects
4. Holistic and spiritual development through Bible-based instructions and activities.
5. Physiotherapy where required.
FN: We also provide practical support to the families of our beneficiaries who need it.